Main Menu

gallery archive 08

Started by beads-on-toast, January 01, 2008, 11:13:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pixiewillow

I just keep lurking in here drooling over everyones beautiful beads.
I finally got my butt into gear today after quite a long bout of illness and made these.
I felt like such a newby again sparking my torch up!!

and some boobie dollies

www.pixiewillow.etsy.com
www.pixiewillowdesigns.com
A mans idea of multi tasking is breathing & blinking at the same time.

turnedlight

I want them all! Amazing pen! And gorgeous colours on here this week..
I have done my little clear glass test and lo and behold, it was my vetro making the silver wire go gold! The effetre was great, it kept the silver really well, but a little scummy so I shall buy some of the effetre crystal clear to try. The CIM was ok but made it go a little gold..

the dark blue is the effetre, the middle is cim and I think the pale one is effetre but I forgot ::)
by the way, the dark blue one got some huge bubbles too - not sure why but I don't think it was the way I made it.. ???
kathryn

turnedlight

Here are some discs I've been working on for a commission

They are really big and take an age to do! :)
kathryn

pixiewillow

Whoooooaaaaaa Kathryn they are gorgeous!!!!

Heres what the kiln pixie left for me this morning  ;)............
After the nightmare I had through a power cut while they were soaking  >:( So I had to batch anneal them but they survived and I did the hot water test and no casualties so good to go  ;D

Lorna XX
www.pixiewillow.etsy.com

ebj

I'm so late to see this show and tell I havent a hope in commenting on eveyones individually- but its all stunning stuff!! Becky I'm loving your beads at the moment! Must get to your web site for some finger slipping :)     

here is a bit of a failed experiment from me- this is what happens to beautiful Ivory when you add Art clay silver to it and chuck it all in the kiln to for the clay to fire. I was kicking myself for not thinking of it- but I guess we learn from our mistakes! Silver Coring is top of my list now. Bead caps are easy to do- but painting the core with silver paste and re-firing it all is a right Faff!

Emma     
Emma

Art Clay Senior Instructor & Lampworker

www.emmabaird.wordpress.com

pixiewillow

Well I love the reaction of the silver emma!!  ;D

Here are a few more from yesterday.  No torching now til next week  :'(

LornaXX
www.pixiewillow.etsy.com

sparrow

A couple of roses from me, and a glamour bead that's a pain to photograph :)

Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

LesleyMac

Beautiful beads here, I just love that Angel, wonderful the way it has happened.
I am near the end so too many to comment but lovely stuff here.

I made a pendant bead which I have photographed on a quickswitch.  Of course its not perfect so I have to keep it.

Lesley
Everyone is gifted, its just that some leave the wrapping on longer than others
(Richard Wilkins)

My Etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5469196

Les

I've been dying to play with shards again after Maryse's beautiful bead...... these are nowhere near that pretty, but it's a start, and I am having fun experimenting with different glass shards :)
Sorry to hog , but here's some of todays beads....

:)

I got another I really like cooling in the pot atm, but it'll be too dark to take a pic later... will play some more tomorrow :)
xx

flowerjasper

lovely beads everyone. been trying florals !

silly little pic, but when i cropped a pic on photo bucket it was this size!
sandy x

Les

Do I get to kick off this week's S&T then ?? :)

Here's another shard bead..... the photo is a bit flat .... it's a bit more greeney IRL :)

:)
xx

Maria Louisa

Some testlentils from me:
www.glassbeadsculptress.com
www.glassbeadsculptress.etsy.com
www.beadpress.nl
www.flickr.com/beadpress

sparrow

Love the testlentils, Maria Louisa, and that focal is gorgeous Kate. Some gorgeous pink beadie you've got there, Trudi!

Guess what....it's a rose (who'd have thunk)

Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

Les

I'll be back later for a proper looksie... just a quick post before I go to school... another pebble :)

xx

Les

Kate.... wow... love the big focal !!!
Maria Louisa... gorgeous lentils....
Sabine ... your flowers are TDF !!!!!

Here are some more from this afternoon....

And finally... a stone face kitty ;D

xx