Main Menu

gallery archive 08

Started by beads-on-toast, January 01, 2008, 11:13:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaz

A few from me....more later in the week as I have been having a productive couple of days despite a hideous head cold!
Some more yarn inspired nuggets

Same design as before only this time in dark rossata which etches beautifully

A no lot from Q etched again - interesting striations & looks like camouflage close up (if that's not a contradiction in terms!)

If the kiln has been kind I should have some quite exciting ones (IMHO!) to show later....
Kaz
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Les

Gorgeous beadies from everyone so far this week :)

Here's a few of mine ...

:)

Kaz

I've had another profilic week so I won't show absolutely everything ::)

For a special customer

Oh no! Etched antique clear again and with dirty martini (this time including 25mm focals)

I have been playing around with transparents with silver leaf melted in with frit on top (& pressed - ooops broken my 2 techniques per bead rule already!)

A little set with Ask and ivory

This is finished jewellery but I made the beads - it's for my best friend in Oz....

Kaz
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Vicki

Oooh Kaz, trudi...drool slobber  :D :D

I managed to make one set yesterday after everything went against me sitting down at my torch...friday is the day, all day, I'm not answering the phone, eating, going to the loo nothing...if you come to call I'm in but not coming to the door ok :D :D

oh the beads...here they are

Rachel B

Haven`t shown for a while.  I looooove Kryptonite at the moment.

LesleyMac

Well all these gorgeous beads are making me feel happy, lovely.

This ivory goddess made me happy as she was the first I got perfect (in my eyes).

This is my latest one to make me happy as I managed to get the moon shining on the water, you can see it better in person.

and lastly I have made the first letter "L" in my name cane and its come out okay.  Crikey don't you need patience, will get to A and M one day soon.  Then just the easy job (ha ha) of putting them all together and pulling them down. 

Lesley
Everyone is gifted, its just that some leave the wrapping on longer than others
(Richard Wilkins)

My Etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5469196

sparrow

I thought I'd start us off with some - guess what? Roses, lol  ;D

Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

LesleyMac

Sabine - those are so beautiful, perfect for a wedding, absolutely lovely.

This is my moon bead I made yesterday, I did show it in the bead that makes you happy thread, because it does ;D

Lesley
(Richard Wilkins)

julieHB

Here is a focal I made a couple of days ago. I started the session with a clear plan to practise dots and stringers. The first bead went a bit wrong, and suddenly I found myself happily applying silver frit, gold leaf and SIS ::) :

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/9229659@N03/2873268404/" >lentil-focal-organic1-web</a>
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

*rowanberry*

OMG OMG OMG OMG! I dont normally come on this bit much, but I am glad I did today.
what amazing work!!!!!! Lesley, that moon focal is just WOW - as is everyones work today!

Here's a couple of bits that I am proud of :D

The bottom are boro.

I'll stop hogging now, am just happy to ber back at the torch after being "out of order" for a bit!
Claire

Les

I got a few .....

And my first go at a window bead, thanks to Jen's fab tutorial :)

xx

Les

I also made some beads with my new nugget press... I thought I'd go for some pretty, pastelly colours :) (unlike me :P )
Am going to etch them after they've been through the kiln :)

Sorry the light's a bit crap  :-\

xx

LesleyMac

Thanks for nice comments, I need them today, my dad died yesterday.

Les I love your window bead, its so funky.  I had a fab time at the weekend making these and I think I am addicted.

Here are a couple more, I made these today as I didn't go to work and decided to make beads as it "takes you out of yourself".

First one is my interpretation of winter beech trees.

Second one is just an organic type, made with red roof tile.

Lesley
(Richard Wilkins)

Trudi

Kate – what a wonderful focal  - and I just love the lentils too – great reactions from the frit and good base colour!

Les that first focal is amazing – fantastic detail on there. And wow to the window beads!

Lesley – really sorry to hear about your dad. Will you keep those beads as a special memento to him?? They are stunning!

Some new ones from me!!

I used the new Ocean Glass for the first two - a simply stunning blue with a gantle sparkle in it - you can see best in the second bead!

Bit of fun with a deep pink!

This one bizzarly looks like it's got white hairs on it - can't see it on the bead - wasn't even in the fibre blanket as it went straight in the kiln!!

And I'm pleased with this next one - bit of a stonker, but I'm pleased with the greens I got and the iris orange! )so leased I took 2 shots!

T x

Magpie

your colour combinations cannot be worse than mine, another of my big hole beads from the swap got received the other day, green, red and white this time (green and orange last time). They sound gruesome combinations to me but can't have looked too bad or I'd not have sent them. Maybe I see colours differently  ??? ???

Anyway, plop the penguin sent his mate over for a visit and I kidnapped the baby penguins for earrings...