Main Menu

gallery archive 08

Started by beads-on-toast, January 01, 2008, 11:13:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaz

I'm afraid it's these again!!!

The ends are almost perfect, the colour is my favourite, I have mastered SIS, I love twisting,  I etched them and they just look like a proper set!!! Like Billie was when she made those lovely ones above, I am about 10 months in now and starting to feel I can produce "good" quality beads, that are eminently usable in jewellery designs and I am beginning to develop my own style and ways of doing things with more confidence.
Not sure how I will be in Oz in the next few weeks - back to a hot head and pure and simple effetre glass! I am going to try to master twisties and improving on my dot placement while there. Though I am going to buy a press there and take some silver foil and wire with me!
Kaz
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

clasicat

New one from me can't decide if it would look nicer etched????
Claire x

Kaz

I'm definitely still in my "prolific" period....

These are going to be etched later

I re-made some of the antique clear lentils....and then I could not stop.........(these are all going to be etched later!)

- loving this colour - CIM sepia!!!
Kaz
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

turnedlight

Wow Maryse, I wish I could make raku do that!
I've made a few beads for earrings today - not sure about the colours but the idea is there..

:)
kathryn

Josephine

Some from me ready for my Arts week open studio. Help, I'm panicking  about no one coming or not having enough and anything else that could go wrong.

Some Hornik style pendants

and a bracelet. I like the colours of this one, transparent light brown, white, pale blue and a bit of lime green. The pictures not very good, I always find it difficult editing pictures of pale coloured beads.

sparrow

I'll be making these on a commission basis, either just for cakes, or to turn into jewellery after the wedding/event ;) They'll go up on my website soon, but I couldn't wait to show you what I've been up to :D :D :D In the meantime, PM me if interested (obviously selling smaller quantities for lovely jewellery peeps as well ;))

:D :D
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

turquoise

Here are some I made the other week, I have been trying to do those bumpy dot ones, also had another go at etching.

Big photo sorry.

;D ;D

www.morellobeads.co.uk

Dee Dee

At last have plucked up courage to share my almost first glassy ramblings...from first attempt at a tree bead to an ugly doggy (which was meant to have been a cat!).

Amber

It's got to be this one; I love the colour and shape and I finally got some good swirls...I can't quite believe I made it!

And these...almost perfect encasing and my first set!

turquoise

I have made some more beads to go with the ones i put on S and T lest week, I am going to keep these as I love the colours!!!

www.morellobeads.co.uk

Mary

Great cupcakes, Keiara! And cool dots Vicki!

I've been playing with my new glass, Terranova2 and CIM Kryptonite and Grape Ape. I love TN2! Can you tell?

*rowanberry*

Goooooooooorgeous stuff! I am the very proud owner of 2 beads on this page :D Lucky me to have such lovely beads by Sabine and Billie! (That is mine isn't it Sabine?).

Mine is this.... I know its yet another tree bead, but its the most complicated one I had done as I made so many different canes, did hedgerows in the background, worked it both back and front and did a standing stone. It was based on a wonderful woodland stone circle I had visited in Dorset with a dear friend.

Claire

julieHB

Can anyone tell me which type/types of glass Pandora, eggplant and lemon grass are?  ::)

Trudi, fab colours, the amethyst and silver is lovely.

I have finally managed to make some sort of a set. Every time I have tried something my fingers reach out for different colours and my mind thinks of a different technique to try. And I end up with rubbish beads... so now I shall try to master something before moving on - well, that's the idea, anyway ::) The beads below are inspired by the tutorials Think Pink, and Anne Ricketts' Batik Beads:

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/9229659@N03/2861578967/" >Batik lentil bead set</a>
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

turnedlight

This one - I was really trying! I sold it though.. must try and do it again!

:)
kathryn

Sarah

Oh Grandma - those are lovely  :)

And Kathryn that is one gorgeous starfish - its hard to let them go sometimes isn't it  ???

Can I cheat and show more than one? The first is my avatar bead - I made it a long time ago on my hothead. Its my favourite because I was determined to learn to make hearts and this is the one that meant I got there! I still love it and wear it a lot. I should probably change my avatar after all this time but I'm too attached to it.  ::)

And this is a real cheat because there are lots of beads - but its my TNT necklace made last month and sold last month. I was so chuffed with the sale but it was hard to let it go.....  I can't get enough TNT at the moment!

Sorry to cheat

Sarah
xxx