Main Menu

gallery archive 08

Started by beads-on-toast, January 01, 2008, 11:13:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theflyingbedstead

Your blue and red beads are lovely Dee, and those focals are very impressive!  This has been an inspiring thread with so many BEAUTIFUL beads!  
This is the first time that I have posted pics and I am a bit nervous! I made these at the weekend.  I have been having a bit of a mare controlling wayward stringers so decided to practice a bit more with twisties and oh...I do love them...they add such interesting patterns. I also needed to work more on getting my sizing consistent, so I am quite pleased with my spacers.

Charlotte x

Zeldazog

A couple of sunny items from me (not quite finished, but I won't have time to photograph them after this before the mad weekend) - please excuse the rubbish photography efforts!

(I might have to post these in the colour themes as well!)

Les

Not much to show for my hour on the torch today :P :)

But I did have a go at one of Sarah Hornik's tutorials....

and made a puss cat with wonky ears.. :P

xx

afina

Steph, love the lime colour combo!
Anouk, amazing what colours you get from those DH glasses!
Dawn, the eggs are soo funny! And the porcelain pendants are really beautiful!
Pat, I love the misty look of the mixed glass!
Julie, I don't care if these are "Hornik bumps", they look great on your beautiful bead!
Les, cats need wonky ears, she (?) is cute!

As some of you already noticed (thanks for your nice comments on Flickr!) I had a go at some of the tuts myself. Here is the outcome of my first tries:

1 bead, 4 views.
Regards, Verena
Glasperlenwerk - My bead-site with blog (German) - http://www.glasperlenwerk.at
Vetromagic - Frit and fritblends in COE 104 - http://shop.vetromagic.at

Les

he he ... dunno about 4 ears, but I have *fingers crossed* a bit of a keeper cooling at the moment... we shall see....

Anyway... here's the few I have managed today...

Les xxx

Les

I am so thrilled with this girl !!! ;D

I took Sarah H's tutorial...... and yes, you've guessed it... turned it into a cat ;D

:D

Trudi

Wowsers Les - they are stunners!!! Really love your cat beads, so unusual!!

Something new from me with Pale Emerald, Aion & Gaia!

Kaz

Just a few from me from last weekend's sessions
First another of my "inspired by yarn" sets

Second tangerine sparkle - simply bobbles

Another set inspired by yarn

And some more bobbles including a big dobber focal

Sorry about the photo quality - won't get chance to photograph tomorrow so had to do it tonight in poor light.
Kaz
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

dinah46

Some lovely eye candy on here :D
Here are some that I'm taking to Stourbridge
my first attempt with Maria Louisa's large nugget press used as a crunch

my favourite combination of sis and triton swirls

the gorgeous rosata glass with some silver plum

and more swirls, can you tell i like swirls ;D

turnedlight

Wow, so much stuff, I don't think I have time to go through it all! It all looks pretty fab though.
I just wanted to show a set where I went a bit mad with Double Helix and used luna, psyche and terra on them - I love the results, I don't like luna much, can't really get anything but amber, but it is a nice base and seems to help the others along!

:)
kathryn

bluefairy

Hello, thought I'd show you a few of my favourite bits.............

Hope you like them  xxxxxxx   :)
Helen xx

My Etsy     My Facebook     My Folksy

Dee Dee

At last.....I have some beads to show!!!  I finally did my lampwork course, wishing desperately I'd booked an earlier one, as it was painful waiting after seeing all your wonderful beads and inspiration!  I just wanted to get started.....

So, I have set up my little home "studio" (in the laundry room!!), bought some glass and a lentil press, I've ordered a kiln from the US, and am stalking the postman!!

I am struggling with encasing, (can't seem to stop the bottom glass seeping up or getting huge bubbles) and with stringer control (losing control and it melting too quickly) - I really want to do some straight lines!! - so any advice is welcome!

Message to Kaz - Sharon at Beads Indeed sends her very best regards!

Thanks,
STEPH

flowerjasper

love the beads julie and kate, nothing as glam from me..... not sure about the colour combo... was going to list them on my website then i lost one  ::) ::)  Help me decide what to do with them  ;)

Lush!

Fabulous colours Kaz, I love the combination of the orangey beads with the simple pale yellow spacers.
I really like the mustard look you've got there Sandy - they actually look very Beverley Hicklin-ish (you can tell where I've been drooling this weekend!).
Wow, Kate, there's so much happening in your beads, they're fantastic.
And its great to see you back Julie, I really like how the decoration floats over the cirrus.

I got some Reichenbach Antique Clear yesterday, yummy yummy! 

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

Mary

What a good start to the week!

I've been making vessels this weekend. My first boro vessel, and a Triton one with a Thai Orchid neck.