Previous topic - Next topic

beads-on-toast

oooh that's a lovely bit of Triton and painted desert

here's my newest
All hollows

playing with silver glasses

and a whole bracelet ready to go

Lush!

I've been making these "Sunbaked Beads" in all different colour themes, this latest set is "Spice"

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

julieHB

Pat, I like the hole-side-to-side hearts, are they difficult to make?
Sue, love the lentils on the top right.
Kaz, beautiful sets, particularly the last one.  You have definetely mastered the presses!
Fiona, love the the 2 top sets in your second posting.
Anna, gorgeous hollows, and your BH beads are so even sized!!
Julie, wonderful warm colours in your spice sunbaked beads, totally delicious!

I have been "nudged" for some time to move up to the big girls' S&T, but feel free to tell me to step down again - I feel a little out of my comfort zone in presence of all the glory above ;D I have finished my last commission before we go on holiday to Norway for 3 weeks, and last night I played making "long" beads. Their shape is somewhat wonky, but I had great fun shaping, and adding silver, Triton twisties, silver glass frits and SIS:

Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

Lush!

Thanks for all the lovely comments - Amber, there isn't a purple one  ::)  The darkest colour is Effetre special dark crimson, maybe that's the one you mean?

Here's my last combo ... "Town"

I made a great discovery with these - P&T diopal white doesn't react brown with silver, yay!  ;)

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

turnedlight

Ooh Julie, they are gorgeous!
I have made some rubino pink and white large core beads

and another disc..

and I've been practising starfish - this one has triton dots..

kathryn

Rachel

Hi guys - hope you don't mind if I join in the S&T?

There are some really gorgeous beads here - too many to comment on individually but I think they're all just fab.

Here are my latest beads - thought I'd try and use up some red for a change..  Hope these pics aren't too big!

Josephine

Wow, what a lot of amazing beads this week. Love the etched 'copperless chaos', Julie (lush) etched beads with silver, Julie HB (talk about quick progress, is it really just a few months since you made your first beads), Kathryns work , beautiful starfish(I've had one go at a starfish inspired by Stephanie Sirsich, I need to keep trying before I show anyone the results), those lovely red and blue lentils. Can't remember all the others now, but what a high standard of work!

Here are a few of the bits I have done in the last few days. Some Kronos scrolls on transparent blue and a heart with nebula flowers.

dinah46

Lovely stuff ladies, most especially Julie's 'Town' - why don't my etched beads with silver look like that ???

Well - definition of happy is..........................

getting my fusing 'mojo' back after being seduced by the torch and beads for the last few months

first peep in the kiln

and all cleaned up

fionaess

If it's got a hole, it's a bead !

LesleyMac

I am up bright and early to go torch before it gets too hot, yesterday I had to give up when my face was too soaking to see anymore ;D

First I am still working on the kneeling goddess theme

The next two I am practicing the cutting technique, I am showing the back of the first bead because of the colours I got from Triton, I diden't realise you can get it to go orange, don't know how though will have to figure that one out.

Lastly a couple of sea urchins

Lesley
Everyone is gifted, its just that some leave the wrapping on longer than others
(Richard Wilkins)

My Etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5469196

ebj

:o Blimey. Thinking twice about following right after your stunning beads Lesley! They amaze me every time! And that goddess - PHWAR :)

So - I'll be brave and show you first my fritty sets - if you want a bigger pic of these just click on the pic -

Experimenting again on copper at the torch - this time rolled the bead in green enamel and then Frit to see what would happen - seemed to work ok - endless possibilities if I can mix enamel and frit  (excuse my finger and thumb!)

And FINALLY Some Boro worth showing - I think - I hope :)

details here- click on the pics for bigger pic

Emma

Art Clay Senior Instructor & Lampworker

www.emmabaird.wordpress.com

afina

Emma, lovely boro beads!
I have a long necklace to show:

And another twisted cab:
Regards, Verena
Glasperlenwerk - My bead-site with blog (German) - http://www.glasperlenwerk.at
Vetromagic - Frit and fritblends in COE 104 - http://shop.vetromagic.at

Shirley

Lesley, I love nearly everything you make. The goddess is beautiful, one of the nicest I've seen. I like what you're doing with the cut beads, and you've put your own stamp on the ones based on Sherry's tutorial.

Those boro' beads are ace, Emma, especially the leopard ones.

What amazing colours in the cab, Verena. Beautiful.

Here's a set of jewellery I made at the end of last week. I made all the glass beads, apart from the seeds, and then put them together with some silver bits. I'm really pleased with the necklace as I really struggle to make jewellery that isn't symmetrical :)

Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

turnedlight

Ooh those are lovely - I can only see one set though..
I have been working on some complete jewellery too, to make a change..

and I've just realised I prob should have put them on finished jewellery.. :-\
kathryn

sparrow

Oh Sandy, I can't see it  :'(

Love the goddess and the sea urchins, Lesley!
Verena, that's a stunning necklace, and your twisted cabs are fab!
Kathryn, I already admired your stuff on Flickr - I think it's great how you manage to find some new angle with your hearts every time!
Lisa, I can only see one of your pics, but I love those earthy colours!
Emma, looks like you got to play with boro, and with what fab results!
Rachel, I love, love that bottom set!!
And Shirley - let's just say I'm very glad to be your bracelet-buddy!!!  ;D

I did a rose yesterday and got a bit carried away (btw, that's the new Reichenbach Mystic Pink), and had a go at something 'classy' (there's about 2 ft of wire in there, I think.......that's the new Reichenback Antique Clear, which I decided matches BeadySam's Robin Egg frit  :D I'll be playing more with that combo!)

Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial