Main Menu

gallery archive 08

Started by beads-on-toast, January 01, 2008, 11:13:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clasicat

Woo hoo I made something other than barrels  ;D Using my new press that only took 6 weeks to arrive and cost me nearly £20 in customs charges  >:(
Meet my new shinies ;D excuse the bead poo they haven't been cleaned etc yet

I so amazed that the same rod of glass can produce such different colours
Claire x

turnedlight

kathryn

Mary

Lots of lovelies this week!
I've not had much torch time, but I did get to have a play with my new Ruffler.

julieHB

It's a long time since I have been looking properly through this thread - there are some fabulous beads on display:

Nikki, brilliant first beads! Love the ivory-colour combinations!!
furrybert, fantastic focal bead - you must be so proud of it!
girlfriday1962, gorgeous hollow, lovely colours.  One of these days I must try one....
Claire, how can you be embarrassed showing those first beads, they are gorgeous.  I wish I could make barrels like that!! And the last 2 lentil focals are beautiful, is it the glass I think it is???
misspixie, lovely hollows, like the lavender in particular - can't wait to see your shell  ;D

I was told last Tuesday that a friend of a friend of mine (Norwegian) is 50 come Sunday, and we are invited to the party.  Earlier she had expressed an interest in my bead necklace (basically a load of my half-duff beads spruced up among silver spacers and a couple of proper silver cores on a lovely silver chain), as well as declaring her love for the colour combo of turquoise/brown/cream (she was then talking about curtains and wall paper, I hope it extends to jewellery as well..).  Anyway, I thought I'd make her some rivet-glued beads on a silver bracelet as a present, and have been busy making beads the last few days.  Have been waiting for the rivets to arrive, ordered them last Tuesday special delivery.  Phoned the company today, and they were only sent out this afternoon, which means they probably won't be here before Monday  :'( Never mind, she'll be here for a few more days, so I'll just have to explain.  Feel a bit disappointed, though, as there is nothing like the first surprise. Anyway, here's the beads I plan to use, and in addition I'll put in a few silver spacers and charms.  Hope you like  ;D:

Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

tsarvo

I made some new beads last night,
(i may have gone a TAD MAD with the silver  :o::))
But i like it! ;D
(plus i ordered the wrong size silver wire and its quite thick, just like me!)

(sorry about the bead poo, i haven't cleaned them yet)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, whisky in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

julieHB

Tsarvo, very good wire-on-beads there!  I try it now and again, but so far have not been very successful (shall follow Julie's (lush) advice in another thread and try again!!).

ralphus, those beads are lovely; beautiful colours and so evenly sized  :o

For those of you who didn't visit the Flickr S&T here's what I did with the beads shown earlier - the lady who received it as a present was chuffed, which made the effort well worth it  ;D

Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

Mary

Great silver cores!
I'm always late to s+t, I'm early this week. These are all Triton.

flowerjasper

love the silver cores saffie, and the colours you get are fantastic mary,
three from me using the trio lentil press from maria-louisa, featuring clear clear! amazing what happens if you turn your torch down a bit!

sandy

SueP

Lovely beads here:

Great silver cores and lentils but I especially love the shape of that last triton one Mary. ;D :)

I've been playing with triton as well love the range of colours: hope this works - my first link the photobucket :)

and I keep coming back to these simple dots :)

hope they're not too big Dickie donit want to break the new server :o
edit - I've just chopped them down a bit

ebj

Ah - I have missed these :) Great Silver Cores Saffie! Mary I am in awe of your beads as ever :) That last one is so beautiful - how long did that take to shape? Lovely Lentils Sandy! Really like the one on the left with the clear. And Sue lovely sets there. Like that colour you got from Triton, and love the dots! Here are some from me -  the focal and the lentil sets are from the other week - was going to show them then the site went down. The Blue and the green beads are enamel on copper - they are huge - and they have been done at a torch in the open flame. I was very lucky to be shown how to do this on Friday night and CANNOT wait to play with the technique and my new enamels! THe Sleek Pillows are my first attempt with this press -  so I kept it simple - and there is a big lentil in the last photo in my fav combo of colours!     

:)
Emma

Art Clay Senior Instructor & Lampworker

www.emmabaird.wordpress.com

emjee

Great beads....
Especially the triton bead... yummy

I have been playing a bit....  (the piggy is a copy though... I confess... but it was sooooo cute........)

This is my lucky farm... all on 5mm. mandels
Marion

www.emjee-beads.nl
www.emjeebeads.etsy.com

SueP

Love the fine stringer work on the top left here are some from me:

A bit of Triton

and some "copperless chaos" etched to hide the mess ;) ;D ;D

Kaz

Here are some from me:
Vetro sweet strawberry and silvered ivory

Lentil set with better ends (been assessed by Diane SowZerE and passed QC) dirty martini, transparent green and silvered ivory

CIM celadon (the magic words) with transparent grey and silvered ivory

Tribal turquoise, white and frit

Painted desert and silvered ivory

Some trial focals

Dark aqua, ivory and silvered ivory

Kaz

She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

fionaess

I've been busy while we were off line.. sorry if you think this is a 'hog post'  :D

If it's got a hole, it's a bead !

fionaess

If it's got a hole, it's a bead !