Main Menu

gallery archive 08

Started by beads-on-toast, January 01, 2008, 11:13:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

julieHB

George, you are as hooked as I am (for about 1.5 month now) - have hardly done any fusing or chain maille or pmc since the HH came in house (and I have a couple of commissions I have to get on with!!!).  So here is a little newbie hog from me:

From the first batch:

Got very inspired by Emma's critters (she has a fab tutorial on her site)! Most of them disappeared whilst on holiday in Norway, but here is a few:

Replaced worn out plastic beads with glass ones in my friends cheap jewellery set:

this last week I have been playing with frit, encasing and dots:

The last one was inspired by the colours Dora used during her demo, amber and turquoise....I know, the colours are the only thing that resembles anything she did!!  :D.  Was going to add more detail, but lost my nerve and pressed it into a cube instead  ;D  ;D

I have practised encased floral beads a lot, but they still look like wilted weeds.  I'd shown you a pic, but my nieces in Norway thought they were great, so they took them off me...phew, that was my first newbie s&t over and done with.
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

sparrow

Sue & Fee, I love those beads - no more newbie label for you ;)

Mindy, one of these days, I'll own one of your beads - I'll then put it right in front of me to remind me to PPPPPPPPPPP my stringer control :D Love you faux boro Heather, and your real boro Becky :D

Well, I've got another one as well.......after an inspirational week-end with Di East, I dared to go off-mandrel. The ones between 12 o'clock and 3 o'clock were the first two. Two of my first four cracked, but the second lot of four all survived :) :)
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

Shirley

Great leaves, Sabine. I've not done anything off mandrel. I always imagine it will end up on floor :D

Here's a little set I made for a challenge in another group. I love Black Nebula!

Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

turnedlight

I haven't made much, but I have made some hearts for a commission, and a few more large core beads..

kathryn

flowerjasper

This forum is great!!
thanks to Sabine i got one of the photo tents and i think my pictures have improved!
I have been playing with shards,

and a little fritty dragons egg!

beads-on-toast

oxycon is working and the kiln fairy came to see me

Silver shores

lagoon

and Golden sands

flowerjasper

mindy just love the 2nd beads (love them all)
i totally agree with george yellow and i rarely get together but i really like  that mix fiona,
anna just lovely  ;)
two from me,

flowerjasper

wwweeellllll!
i brought some light and dark shards from dominik baum on etsy, ivory base , shard applied and the edges  swirled.
i was really pleased with the results, the back of the bead went mainly silver,

certainly will be trying again! ;)

Katiequiggle

Some fabulous work here, I've missed alot while I've been away.

I am however gutted, I made this dragon fly for the sister of a friend whose husband has just a couple of months to live with terminal Lukemia and  sent her the story of the dragon fly for their children and thought I'd make this to go with it to put on a silver chain for her with a crystal for his head etc and one of the little wings has broken off, it only did it when I picked it up to photograph it to show you, I'll never be able to make another, I'm suprised I did this one without a kiln to be honest.  I'm gutted  :'(

Don't suppose I could glue it back on could I, it would never be strong enough would it.

Paula

I'm feeling brave..so heres a picture of my first beads (well almost first...I made three at Kaz's, those nice people there gently lured me in to making them, and getting addicted!!)

hope its not too big.
Why did I put my most odd shaped one at the front?? dammit...lol.
I got the oxygen / propane mix completely wrong for a few beads, and they obtained a lovely mucky brown look. But I'm learning!
Paula

turnedlight

Wow! I like those Les!
I managed to get an hour or two in today, using dichro a lot at the mo!

kathryn

turnedlight

Love the fairground colours! And that beaded bead looks so intricate!

I have been revisiting my frit..  ;D

kathryn

Mary

Lovely things this week! Les, love the Avatar! Lynn, beautiful beaded bead!

I'm playing with some DH odds I got a while back. I like this glass a lot.

LesleyMac

Quick post from me then I am going back to look at all the lovelies.

A new set of enamelled beads, I really like the colours on these and the shine.

Big focal bead, still practicing the Diana shape

Shiny tube shape bead

Lesley
Everyone is gifted, its just that some leave the wrapping on longer than others
(Richard Wilkins)

My Etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5469196

beads-on-toast

i think i might be the last to show and tell this week

here goes