Main Menu

Just because

Started by Steampunkglass, June 18, 2014, 09:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steampunkglass

Not really sure why I made this - which I kept thinking as I had to reshape parts of it to squeeze it into the kiln - probably because!

It's about 19 1/2 inches tall (495mm) so only just fit into the bluebird sideways (after removing the external bead mandrel rack and tying up the doors so they stopped falling down and slamming onto the top of it!) Still needs a few tweaks to remake some bits that got damaged getting it into the kiln!
Photo's are front and back, thanks for looking!  ;D

Skyblue

Its bloomin brilliant !

Nicknack

Why not? :D  It's brilliant!

Nick

ajda

Alan
www.ajdalampwork.etsy.com

Rascal

Ooh that is really pretty, I'd love to put a candle under it and have it as a centre piece for a really posh/important dinner party. Think it will look stunning with light reflecting off it.

Pat from Canvey

My first thought was icicle Glen. If you make another, would you add a bit of colour, of course, just because you can  ;)

Steampunkglass

Thank you everyone  :) I did pop a colour change led under it when it was half as tall, and that lit it up really nicely, but now it's taller the light doesn't seem strong enough to reach it all! I had also thought of fuming it with gold to colour it and make that lush purple/pink effect, but I'm not sure either of us would survive the experience of re-heating it so much in the flame!  :D

Ian Pearson

Reheating is easy, but colour???????????????????????????

Ian