Oxycon keeps switching off......any suggestions?

Started by Lyn G, August 18, 2012, 04:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyn G

I didn't use my oxycon for a couple of weeks during the Olympics and now when I try and use it, it keeps switching off after 5 minutes.  I have restarted it loads of times, but it won't stay on for more than 5 minutes.  :(

I have brought it into the house and cleaned the black foam filter, which was quite dirty.  ::)  I am not sure how to replace the other filter. ???  I then opened it up to check that the fan is working, which it is and all the tubes don't look too bad and I can't detect any holes in them.  I have also tipped it and dropped it from a couple of inches.....but it has made no difference.

I have read through all the posts I can find about poorly oxycons and I can't think what else I should do.

I know Martin sells replacement fans and filters etc and will also service oxycons.  Do you think if the fan is working, then it doesn't need a replacement fan, or would a new fan work better?

I think it is just not happy that I ignored it for two weeks and is now paying me back!   :(

I would appreciate any suggestions please. 

Blue Box Studio

Mine's not decided to have a paddy on me yet (but give it time), but it does protest if I forget to open the window/door and it's hot in my shedio.  So long as it keeps cool and has a good supply of air it seems OK.

Oh, am I supposed to be checking filters?  Better find the Devilbis instructions then!
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

suzielaws

That happened to mine and i needed a new fan. got it from tunnels for 10 pounds only. give Martin a call.

Madam Steph

In this heat, have you plenty of fresh air around it?

Linda x

Lyn G

Quote from: Madam Steph on August 18, 2012, 08:41:40 PM
In this heat, have you plenty of fresh air around it?

Linda x

Yes, I don't think that's the problem as it still wouldn't work when I took it indoors where it was cool.  It worked fine until I ignored it for two weeks......now it won't talk to me!   ::)

Blue Box Studio

Think you might have to call Martin on Monday.  Hope it's easily fixable and inexpensive :)
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr