brass or graphite bead roller?

Started by Kimster, July 06, 2012, 04:28:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimster

I'm looking to splash out & buy one of these soon  :) but I need some advice!  As a beginner would I be better off with graphite or brass? Does anyone have one for sale? (The one with several different sizes of round beads). Does it make it harder to use if it doesn't have a mandrel groove? I've tried to contact Pegasus but can't get hold of them. If someone could point me in the right direction for suppliers that would be great. Thanks all!

garishglobes

There is some good information about graphite vs. brass rollers in this thread:

http://www.frit-happens.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=37780.0

I would have thought it would help to have a mandrel groove for beads, but it is a long time since I've made beads so I'm just guessing this one!!

Blue Box Studio

Pegasus will reply, give them a day or two.  I think from the last reply I had they are back in production and Bev is on the road to recovery; but I think things are moving slower than normal.  I bought a bead shaper the other day and it was delivered within 48 hours, so some things are happening fine.
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

Calico Cat

The ones without mandrel slots are for making marbles (no mandrel involved).

Personally, I've always found the graphite rollers easier to use - but be careful, they get very, very hot - Mind where you put them down - I frequently singe my elbow leaning on one I've just used!

Watch this space for new Etsy shop . . .