Boro colour contest - not for the faint hearted!!

Started by garishglobes, February 12, 2011, 06:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garishglobes

QuoteI would swizzle with that stick anytime
..and I'd roll that marble! ;D  Looking good (if, as you say, a little mustardy :D)

julieHB

Thank you ladies....i know they are awful, and you are most generous!!  ;D ;D
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

julieHB

;D ;D My son thinks they are "awesome" - as he did the most hideous free formed skull ever....in his words " it doesn't matter if he is a bit skewy-faced, mum, because he looks so happy!!!"  :D :D

Don't worry, I'm not put off boro, and my self confidence has not suffered a blow - let's just say, the rules say I must show my guu work, and so I did ;) I hope I'll have another chance at playing before the challenge is all over!!
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

awrylemming

You'll realise the excellence of your boro work soon Julie - once I get the chance to load up the melted blob of bleurgh that I'm expecting to make.  ;)  Once I get the flippin glasses, which apparently are yet to be despatched!  Are car mechanics big welding glasses any good to use in the meantime?

garishglobes

Probably. The clip-ons are either welders shades, so same stuff. Just depends on what shade.

awrylemming

Woo hoo - I have an enormous pair here, they ain't funky but they'll do the job  ;D  Although they're shade 5 I think, so I may be working a little dark  :)

kerensky

Am feeling somewhat intimidated at posting my attempts....

I given up on trying to get a non blurred image from my camera,  as I feel the blurred image actually enhances the subjects !

Need to purchase some clear rods and another oxy, but have to admit loved the challenge of trying this glass, I will attempt more when clear rods are obtained as I feel I should dilute the colour somewhat.

Not really doing it justice, but here you go - anything for a laugh and a challenge.....

Mavis - embarrassed by her choice of eye shadow - headed for the rocks.....

Guuvine flower

Cringe.......

garishglobes

You are kidding!! Those are wonderful! Flower is brilliant, and what frit did you use for the rocks?

julieHB

Those are brilliant!! love the flower, and the octopus is sooo cute!!
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

Marcel

thank you all for the kind comments  ;) the guu virus got me
just hang in there  ;D i see some great things passing by here with this glass
i love the seahorse and the 3d flower  :) and there is so much more i like
in here this is a fun contest.

Pat from Canvey

I love the guuvine flower. It looks like one of those SF alien flowers that puff out narcotic dust if you get too near.

Marcel