Boro colour contest - not for the faint hearted!!

Started by garishglobes, February 12, 2011, 06:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

liquidglass

Wow, Tan, boro goddess indeed, I love the seahorse and teddy has so much character :) :)

stuwaudby

♥♥Tan♥♥

NS I think.....a test batch from what I could gather after googling

garishglobes

Yes, Northstar. An Experimental batch picked up about 6 months ago. If you love it, ABR still have some  ;D ;D  But you won't find any working tips or hints... it is pretty much a WYSIWYG, but beyond that it is all up to you to play  ;D ;D

Marcel

so i got my BG this morning and after lot of mixing
in the flame to get the airbubbles out i have made
this little marble in real the color is more like a mustard yellow  ;)
it is a easy color i like it.oh the green is reformulated dwarf green from origin.

mizgeorge

Thunk!

(picks jaw up from keyboard). That's just beautiful.

garishglobes

It is particularly beautiful, given the glass  :D Wow.. I tried imploding it and it looked nothing like that.

awrylemming

Yep, I knew Marcel would spirit some beauty out of it!!  ;D

Steampunkglass

Quote from: awrylemming on February 18, 2011, 05:56:00 PM
Yep, I knew Marcel would spirit some beauty out of it!!  ;D
Agreed!! I too tried imploding it and got nowt nice out of it, certainly nothing this nice!

Pat from Canvey

Dragonfire Glass

Crikey - got mine, haven't tried it yet.
Was hoping to get a couple of rods of boro from Martin before playing but the rate you lot are going, the comp will be over before I get chance!
Love the teddy -my favourite  ;D

julieHB

Marcel, that little marble is just wonderful - as is the photography!!

Right - I have figured out two things this afternoon: Baby Goo deserves its name....and two, melting boro on one oxycon takes a loooooong time.... I had an hour before picking up kids from school, and that was NOT very long. Without further ado, but with great embarrassment, here's a goo swizzlestick (please forgive smudgy window):

baby-goo-swizzlestick by JulieHB, on Flickr

And, drumroll.......spot the "marble" (am properly embarrassed here  :-[)

baby-goo-marble by JulieHB, on Flickr

Yep, I know, better keep to soft glass..... I only have 4mm clear boro rods, and it was painful to watch three of them strung together with elastic trying to melt. By the time I had to pick up kids there was nothing to do but plonk a bit of colour on the back and run...

The colour is really nice, though....if you like mustard  ;D
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

♥♥Tan♥♥

Nothing wrong with those babies madam, I would swizzle with that stick anytime ;D

sparrow

Oooh, not looked here for a while! Love the seahorse & teddy, and I think Julie, your marble is very marbly :) Marcel, I just love your work!
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial