Boro colour contest - not for the faint hearted!!

Started by garishglobes, February 12, 2011, 06:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Les

How much fun is everybody having with this Guu !!

Dragonfire Glass

Here's mine. There was a bead as well but the guu is next to invisible.

Inexperience showing here, as two legs dropped off

and a little teeny tiny marble - love making these

Thanks for the opportunity Emma. Now, where do I get another oxycon .............  :D

Steampunkglass

ah, shame about the legs! looking good though, (or should that be guud?  ;D ) Tiny marbles are a good idea on one oxy, how big are they?

♥♥Tan♥♥

fionaess

8 legs or 6 legs its still a wonderful spider 

If it's got a hole, it's a bead !

awrylemming

I am now equipped - and am playing tomorrow.  Oh, joy and happiness  :D

Dragonfire Glass

thank you  ;D
the marble is a bit bigger than a one penny piece in diameter - like I said, tiny  :D

kerensky

Great spider - just the way I like them - incapacitated.....and your marbles are great too.

I am waiting for some clear boro, I'm saving half a rod of Guu for another attempt at something a little more - well,  shall we say desirable.... wide scope - plenty of options there then.

Stacy

Here are my attempts:

I have to say that I quite like it. It's got some fantastic striations which are nice and when its paired with Triple Passion it creates a great black line which I think is really cool.
I pictured the cored bead with some others because it is quite plain on its own but as an accent bead I think it works really well with nice autumnal colours.
My overall feeling for this is that on its own its a bit blurrgg but if you use it with other colours then its a really nice accent colour!

Thanks for the play Emma!!  :-*

Dragonfire Glass

As a colour I wouldn't have chosen it, but it does go very well with other colours.
Thosecored beads do have an autumnal look to them and the reaction in the top bead is great  ;D

awrylemming

Right, sorry this has taken so long, I had to wait ages for my glasses, then struggled a bit on my Minor.  This is my boro backscratcher (works fabulously well) with Guuey hair

Guuhead by awrylemming, on Flickr

My son pointed out something very rude about the nose which I hadn't noticed, in retrospect perhaps I shouldn't have used pink!  Needless to say, he doesn't get called Guuhead at home  ;D

♥♥Tan♥♥

:DLOVE IT :D That backscratcher is such a genius idea and his face is so funny"

Stacy, yours looks way yellower than mine? I love that cored set tis very delish

Alison G

NB. Do not touch hot rods of glass, it is stupid.

garishglobes

Oooh, he's fab!  ;D

I did promise a small prize to go with this competition, and Glenn has very kindly donated a pendant too - so I will do a quick round up of all those who posted, draw a couple of names at random and let you know  :)

garishglobes

Ok, well, Glenn and I did a random pick from all you brave people who took part in this, and I need to send a little something to Collette, while Rikki will be receiving something from Glenn.  :) Will pm you!  :)