Has anyone used Momka ? Which is your favourite?

Started by JKC, February 08, 2011, 09:04:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JKC

Has anyone else used Momka yet?,  their colours look so pretty.  If you have used it, which do you like best?  Which don't you get on with?

♥♥Tan♥♥

OO good thread, I shall be interested to see what people have to say especially after Emmas DIVINE perfume bottle ;D

Stacy

mmmmmm Momka mmmmmmm

Favourites??  :o Ohhhhhh Now your asking.....

Green Envy
Cloud
Exotic Citrus Grapefruit
Exotic Citrus Yellow
Green Envy
Magic Mirror
Silver Beech
Scarlet Pink
Lustrous Blue
Stormy Weather
Purple Thunder
Green Envy

ohhhhhhhh so many others...... anything that ends in Flambe although I didn't put these in my top list as getting good results with these are very hit and miss for me!!

garishglobes

Oh, shut up Tan!!  ::)  :-*

Favourites would have to include the challenge series canes like Blue Treasure and the Gerber colours. They make brilliant murrini, go on for ever if you pull the cane down thinner and if you twist some of them, they make fabulous implosions.

I love most of the Momka colours but then, I do love most boro  :P :P   The only ones I personally find difficult are Silver Iris and any green with the words "not suitable for deep encasement". The greens are usually chrome based or something and unless you have a super duper oxygen rich flame (and even then... ) they are just too likely to cause cracks. I can well remember trying a dragon with Agua Chameleon. Halfway through, it exploded over the work surface  :o :o . Silver Iris is on my list of "stroppy colours that will behave if I have three solid weeks to get to grips with". But then, many boro colours can also seem like that until you 'get' them. Though that could be just me  ::) I have seen pictures of it looking just fabulous, so maybe one day... ;)

I do find some colours work well under encasement and others are better on the surface... but generally, very very lovely glass :)

♥♥Tan♥♥

Did I mention that divine perfume bottle Emma from GarishGlobes did?

garishglobes

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee 

yes, I am very squirming, as well you knew I would! ;D ;D

Steampunkglass

Wot a lovely bottle!  ;) ;D

As for Momaka colours I've not used that many and seemed to have mixed results. I did find a pearlised green (I just checked, it was called 'Green Pearl '  ::) ) that really nice, I had one rod that worked really well in implossions using very small amounts, but then another rod just made bubbles ??? ??? I do like stormy weather, looks lovely swirled over blue.

garishglobes

Both Stormy Weather and Violet Medley look fabulous in almost all situations  ;D Yes, some of the Momka greens do seem to be good in implosions, certainly in small quantities, which is a benefit given that so many others aren't!

♥♥Tan♥♥

I do love the names,honest to gord I would buy them just for the name even if the glass was rubbish :D

Steampunkglass

Quote from: Tan on February 08, 2011, 12:38:40 PM
I do love the names,honest to gord I would buy them just for the name even if the glass was rubbish :D
Yes, I think that was my logic when I got a rod of 'Silky Satin Blue' which so far I haven't got to look very silky, satin, or even blue!  ::) I suspect I am being too mean with it and need to lay it on thicker!

garishglobes

Yes, you could roll around in the rods just for the names  :D

sparrow

I just read one of them as 'Violent Medley' and had a vision of Nirvana-inspired glass.......... ::)
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial