Main Menu

Mapp Gas in post?!?

Started by bluefairy, October 28, 2009, 05:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluefairy

Mornin, this may be a silly question, but I inherited 1 and a half tins of mapp gas with my hothead, which I never used as I went straight to bulk, so have no use for - does anyone know if it's safe/legal to send it to someone in the post?
Helen xx

My Etsy     My Facebook     My Folksy

glassworks

i doubt it, there is a whole category of "fuel" that is NOT allowed to be posted.. i suspect mapp falls in the same list?..

???

bluefairy

That's what I thought  :(

In that case, if there's anyone in the Hampshire area who fancies some Mapp gas for nothing, PM me then pop over for a cuppa!!  ;D
Helen xx

My Etsy     My Facebook     My Folksy

Lloki

LOL, don't need the gas but I'll pop over for a cuppa! ;D ;D ;D
Cerri

Flyingcheesetoastie

I get my Mapp gas through the post, well I think it might be courier but similar principles.  But I'm sure you'll get a taker or see if you can demo somewhere and use it up that way?

Mand

Quote from: Lloki on October 28, 2009, 09:21:56 AM
LOL, don't need the gas but I'll pop over for a cuppa! ;D ;D ;D
Yeah me too. Chandlers Ford/Eastleigh is only 1/2 hour from moi.  ;D

Sulis (Hazel)

Oooh - a Cuppa Club?!  ;) 

xxx
Hazel x

llewennog

Using RoyalFail is a nono , but some couriers will happily carry firearms/drugs/illegal immigrants etc etc, just ring round.

Carl Martin

I'll take the gas if it's still up for grabbs.?............ and as an open invite to all . I have enough room for half the forum and free parking...the coffee is pretty good too can even be pursuaded to lay on some bacon sarnies. Infact what a damn fine idea great to share tips and ideas put faces to names, on a serious note is anyone interested in a monthly meet perhaps ?. I'm based in Waterloovillle,Hampshire, HollergrafiK and Hotglass28 have already been over so they can tell you what it's like (be kind please, lol) could even have an hour or so demos or sumthing ? Just and idea.
I'll shut up now
Carl - exits stage right. ;D

hollergrafik

It is definately a fab space Carl, I am a bit green, especially the heating  ;D, not bad cuppa either  8)

I am going Monday for a silversmithing day, cant wait,Carl has LOADS of tools to play with, worth a visit!! (did that sound wrong  ;D ;D ;D ;D)

Lloki

Quote from: hollergrafik on October 30, 2009, 12:35:36 AM
I am going Monday for a silversmithing day, cant wait,Carl has LOADS of tools to play with, worth a visit!! (did that sound wrong  ;D ;D ;D ;D)

LOL, yes it did!
I'm not far away - Helen, Haze - fancy a road trip? ;D We could pop over and terrorise Carl (just joking!)
Helen could drop the gas off and you could see the hawk on the way!
Cerri

hollergrafik

Lloki

Brilliant Kay, I'll PM you this afternoon - mini road trip it is! ;D (you'd better warn Carl - LOL!)
Cerri

Carl Martin

Fantastic... the more the merrier.

cwest

Quote from: Carl Martin on October 30, 2009, 12:03:04 AM
Infact what a damn fine idea great to share tips and ideas put faces to names, on a serious note is anyone interested in a monthly meet perhaps ?. I'm based in Waterloovillle,Hampshire, HollergrafiK and Hotglass28 have already been over so they can tell you what it's like (be kind please, lol) could even have an hour or so demos or sumthing ? Just and idea.
I'll shut up now
Carl - exits stage right. ;D

Great idea. I am 30 minutes away, my sister a little further, both newbies, torching since April.

Carolyn