Main Menu

10% Rule?

Started by Binny, July 22, 2009, 11:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binny

Could anybody please help, i have been sent some freebie glass, its the new European glass. With the note it says use the 10% rule, i would be very grateful if someone could let me know what this means.

Many thanks Binny :D

Ian R Pearson

In my experience this would mean the glass is compatable with a glass of a CoE, ( Co effecient of expansion) within a 10% figure

Ian

Binny

Thanks Ian, does this mean it works ok with Effetre glass, i am a complete beginner and only use this at the moment, but i know certain glass does not always work together. Please forgive me if i don't send another reply tonight as i am getting very heavy eyed, sleep is calling me  :) :)

Veebee

Ahh, you have MEG (Mystery European Glass)! The 10% rule....well, the COE of tis glass is still being tested, so if you want to try it out with another glass, only use 10% of that other glass with 90% of MEG, or only use 10% Meg and 90% of the other glass. Sp far the opaque rods seem quite shocky, so warm them well before melting fully.
Most of all, have fun & post your results in the MEG thread!
;D
Effetre is fine, just don't mix over that ratio
x
Web: http://www.veebeads.net
The UK home of Val Cox frit!!
Fritt Flickr group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1647822@N25/

Lyn G

I think you can use it with Effetre as long as what you are adding is not more than 10% of the size of the base bead.  Therefore, you could pull stringers with it and use these to decorate an Effetre bead.  Otherwise, just use it with the other colours in the sample pack, or make single colour spacers with them.

Hope that makes sense.   :) :)

Binny

Thankyou

You have explained very well, tom i will have a play as i have a day off. Children have broken up from school so i feel a lie in coming on. This forum is totally addictive, my head is saying for Christ sake go to bed girl, but my fingers are saying just have a peek at a little bit more. Does anybody else suffer from this syndrome!!

sarah t

yes ...last message time noted lol

baked beads

yes i too am a sufferer. i only logged on to check my emails and to see if there were any messages for me in the forum... and whats happened. ive searched for some advice, read other posts and posted a new topic myself. what is it they say no rest for the wicked... i must be very cruel!
Shuks@Bakedbeads

Krysia@No98

yes - I should be getting ready for work
-* -  Courage is going from failure to failure with out loosing enthusiasm -*-