MAPP gas aus Deutschland

Started by Quartz, April 28, 2009, 11:37:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quartz

I'm right to believe that some of you are German ... oder?!  ???

As some of you may know, i'm getting my HH set up later this week, but since I cannot go onto bulk straight away - I will need to get MAPP ... i know i know - everyone recommends against it :-[ - but since i do not have bottomless pockets, I will have to save up for moving to bulk... getting MAPP is the option for me at this moment

So - I have been told that you can get it in such places like B&Q in the UK ... I am presuming that OBI / Bauhaus and similar places should sell it??

Any ideas anyone?
*Nicola*

Trudi

If you have a Plumb Centre near you - they'll stock it!

sparrow

Hi Nicola, I might be German, but never had to organise MAPP gas there. I'm sure the German forum (www.perlentreff.de) will be able to help, though!
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

sparrow

Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

Billie

Looking forward to seeing more photo's  ;) ;D

Quartz

CONRAD!!! ;D
indeed good old conrad! ;D

Fantastic!
I would have not thought to look there!
They're normally full of techie bits ...  :D

thanks hun
:-*
*Nicola*

sparrow

Conrad is the answer to all my tool-related needs  ;D ;D Enjoy, and show pics!
Sabine x

Quartz

hopefully you do not mean pics of the Mapp Gas .. lol ... sorry bad joke ... ::)

indeed more beads are about to be born out of feuerbach!
Pictures of the newly borns will be posted for you all to look at so you can coo over the ikkle fuglies! :D

No doubt there will be a million more questions as well next week ...  ;)
and no doubt i'll be planning to move to bulk asap if it is really as bad as everyone says!
*Nicola*

Zia

hope I am not too late posting this...

I am "still" working on a what I think you call in England Mappgas

I live in Austria and I was recommended ROTHENBERGER MULTIGAS, relatively cheap and available at most do it yourself stores, I told the guy I wanted to kill the weeds with it (for the last shop I mentioned I needed it for beadmaking .....nope you dont want to know his reaction....grins) I usually buy mine at Lagerhaus or Zconc sp!

Melting glass again! "happy dance"

sparrow

I'm sorry, not sure about Rothenberger (Austria is a looooooooong way south from where I grew up)...doesn't Conrad come over the border?

And Nicola, where are those pics? And you're in Feuerbach? What a fab place to be making beads from (NB: the place name translates as 'brook of fire' or literally 'firebrook'- think you got yourself a name there, chuck!
Sabine x

Zia

The only Conrad I know of is an electronic chain store that sells computers and stuff...

smiles and have a good day
Melting glass again! "happy dance"

sparrow

That's the one! Check them online, they sell mapp gas too! (see link above)
Sabine x

Quartz

Yup - they did ... I also got like shockingly lots of other bits and bobs for my lampworking whilst i was in there ... hobby dremel, tork-thingies (thats a technical term doncha know ;) ) and little tools and rakes that i presume are mainly used for soldering.
*Nicola*

Quartz

You know i was all excited to set up and get going this weekend ... and I have ran into what i think is a MAJOR problem. :'(

The mapp gas connecting hole ... the one at the top of the tank, is smaller than the thread on the bottom of the HH torch. :-[ I'm confused - but obviously I have failed to know that maybe

- i need a connector to connect between the torch and the MAPP ???
- there's another MAPP gas out there that has the right connecting hole that would fit directly ???

have i missed something? ???

Has anyone experienced this?
I hope someone can help - if not... I'll give Martin a call at Tuffnell tomorrow.

Oh i'm so sad ...  :'(
*Nicola*

sparrow

Oh no, Nicola  ??? :-\ :'( It should fit.......it does in the UK. Oh, poo, poo, poo!!!!! I hope Martin can sort you out tomorrow!
Sabine x