Main Menu

etching problem

Started by princess pink, March 16, 2009, 07:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

princess pink

Ok so been etching beads with sis for ages with no problems. Today i popped some beads in to etch and when i rinsed em off and everything the silvered ivory stringer colour came off! it was really weird, came of in a watery dust.

Has this ever happend to any of you lot before? I must admit, i did leave them in the etching fluid for a couple hours as i forgot but i have done this before without any problems.

squirsygirl

Hi Shahlaa,

I've left stuff in for yonks, but my s i s is always okay, if a little muted.

Were they melted in, or on the top?  Could the acid have eaten all the way through a stringer?

Is it super strength etcher?

Kirsty

princess pink

it was completely melted in which is why i'm baffled, and the etch is just the normal stuff from martin i always use. it was a whole set of my footprint beads which it happened to, not one survived as such  ???

Wishing Wells Glass

whoa.. while I don't have an answer to the problem, I will say I only leave my beads in the etching solution for 5 minutes!!! lol :)

x

beadysam

Never had that problem, and I have been known to forget my beads and leave them etching (on more than one occasion) for several days with no adverse effects... :-[

squirsygirl

Quote from: princess pink on March 16, 2009, 10:10:00 PM
it was completely melted in which is why i'm baffled, and the etch is just the normal stuff from martin i always use. it was a whole set of my footprint beads which it happened to, not one survived as such  ???

what sort of glass?

K x

princess pink

just effetre transparent colours and eff dark ivory with sis. i'm really annoyed! look pretty silly! will take some piccies for you all to see.