Bead making - do you do it professionally or just for fun?

Started by Redhotsal, March 05, 2009, 05:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you make beads for money, for fun or for both?

Do you make beads for a living?
17 (17%)
Do you make beads to sell but have a different "day job"
48 (48%)
Do you make beads just for fun?
35 (35%)

Total Members Voted: 87

Redhotsal

I've been asked to do a short report on bead making in the UK, I'd be really grateful if you could take the time to vote. Many thanks!
Sal

SueP

Just voted - would be interested in the result! - If I could get a good retirement package I might do it full time - don't think that is likely tho' :(

Les

I just voted. All I can say is thank god for tax credits !!! LOL
I'll never be rich xx

MangoBeads

just voted  :o would be very interested to know the results

turquoise

www.morellobeads.co.uk

Redhotsal

Quote from: Les on March 05, 2009, 05:35:55 PM
I just voted. All I can say is thank god for tax credits !!! LOL
I'll never be rich xx
Definitely sympathise there with you, Les!
Still - just talked to my old mate who lives in Rutland but works in London. She leaves at 6am and gets home well past 8pm. The commute to the shed is only 2mins so I guess there are some advantages.... :)

♥♥Tan♥♥

Les

There are loads of advantages :)
So long as the bills are paid... money isn't everything ;)

saffie

Redhotsal

Quote from: tanok on March 05, 2009, 05:46:49 PM
Two whole minutes in ALL weathers though ;)
Well, I'll avoid the commute and do administrative duties if it's really 'orrible.  ;)

Do you ever go out with a load of freshly dipped mandrels and then curse as they lean/tip over and start sticking to each other......or is that just me?

Les

Ilona

I just voted :) my aim is to be good enough when I retire in 20 years time that I could be a professional then :) :) :) And to have built up enough stock to do bead fairs :) :) :)

turnedlight

Erm.. I sit down at the torch and then dip them, and stick them into the holder.. they do still manage to stick to each other, or gloop up my stringers, though!
kathryn

LittleMoo

Voted. I'm strictly a 'just for fun' gal  ;) Only cos I never make anything good enough to sell though  :D

It will be interesting to see the final tally though.

sparrow

I voted too - interesting poll, Sal. However, if everything goes right, I might fall into an in-betweeny category in 15-18 months - in a perfect world, I'd have a part-time job (two days a week), to cover absolute basics (roof above the head), and torch for the remainder...which would that fall under, and is anybody else in that category?
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial