What size Mandrels do I need to use if I .....

Started by Chelly77, February 11, 2009, 10:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chelly77

Morning Guys,

If I want to make a bead to fit on a Troll bead braclet, what size mandrel do I need to use?

Magpie

Everyone else must be asleep if you've not got an answer yet, or at work, working hard, unlike me.

5mm

Martin does them £2.50 each or 4 for a tenner (I think)

And by the way, one is never enough, nor is four, eight is quite good, but if you cool in vermiculite and batch anneal you can make 4, make a couple of beads on smaller mandrels, then your BHB beads will be cool enough to remove from the mandrel using an oven glove, bury them back in the verm to finish cooling and redip your mandrels and go again. But cool the mandrels off under cold water and dry before redipping as if you shove a hot mandrel in bead release the bead release boils and doesn't coat well, you'll have to clean it off and do it again  ;D I've only lost one bead this way, and I think it's because I was too impatient and tried to take it off too hot (it tried to melt the oven glovey thing)  :D

Have fun

H

theflyingbedstead

Charlotte x

flowerjasper

Dont just buy one like i did sssoooo frustrating!!

Magpie

Hang on, I replied at half past 10, that's why I thought it was strange no one had answered, are we an hour behind everyone else???

H

Katiequiggle

I only have a couple which some very kind person gave me and everytime I turn my torch on I make a couple.  I am a bit addicted to them. might even put some on for sale one day.