Main Menu

Dolphin

Started by Pat from Canvey, June 09, 2014, 04:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat from Canvey

I didn't attempt a dolphin at Emma's class because, by the afternoon on the Sunday, I was completely knackered. I wanted to try one though so did so this morning. He's a bit skinny but on the whole, I'm happy. His loop is way too big and if I do another, I'll attempt to make him fatter.

GaysieMay

Looking good Pat, I love the colours too. X
www.GaysieMay.etsy.com
www.facebook.com/gaysiemay

Rascal

He is lovely, the shape is great and the colours are gorgeous. Well done, can't believe it's your first.

Angie

He's rather lovely Pat
www.angiesnelling.com
In the future, all will be glass...

ajda

He's got great movement... Billy Elliot Dolphin, perhaps. OK, he's a bit skinny - should do as his mother told him and eat his greens sardines. Which colours - I'm guessing Blue Moon and maybe Stormy Weather? I like those purples coming through on his midriff and dorsal fin.
Alan
www.ajdalampwork.etsy.com

Pat from Canvey

I know definately one was MB119 Blue Treasure. only because it's the longest rod I have. The others I picked at random from what looked like blues to make stringer. Sorry, I'n not very into names of colours either in boro or soft glass. Nor do I get naming of torches and oxycons. It's one of my many quirks. I'm equally bad at peoples names, especially when some women change hair colour  ::)  ::)  ::)

garishglobes

He's fab! I love the flow of the top fin.

I often tend to use colours depending on what I think they will do rather than worrying about using a specific one. Many of the colours have several close equivalents in any case and I find it more useful to understand how a colour will behave based on its concentration and so on. I fell foul of UK customs last time I bought glass in from the US because they thought the colour names were a little too psychedelic!  :o They held the parcel till I phoned up and explained that what they were looking at were glass rods and crushed glass... not anything more suspect.

hopejacare

Fab Dolphin- love it! Xx

liquidglass

Nice one Pat, love the colours

ajda

Quote from: Pat from Canvey on June 10, 2014, 09:46:58 AM
not very into names of colours either in boro or soft glass.
I get that, Pat - a name is just a code, whether a string of numbers or a vehicle for someone's psychedelic fantasy! I'm not very good at keeping track of which glasses I've used, though I often wish I was... I'm always intrigued by what other people do with ones that I think I know, or ones that are new to me for that matter - but trying to recognise/guess what they've used can be quite a challenge.
Alan
www.ajdalampwork.etsy.com

Skyblue

He is lovely Pat ! :)