Main Menu

Boro Gallery March 2011

Started by Steampunkglass, March 04, 2011, 11:15:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steampunkglass

March already! Here's a switch-back / wig-wag / or wotever you want to call this technique! I've not really done many of these so was really pleased how this one came out.

garishglobes

I made these a week or so ago, but have had a bit of a time trying to photograph them. They're blown and chunkier than much of my glass, and I think the depth of field went a bit astray somehow.
Anyhoo.... a couple of blown beads with spacers, the colours (apart from that in-yer-face fuchsia!! :D) all want to be quite muted and natural for these beads. I don't know why, it is just the way it is. Boro seems to do that sometimes.

Blown bead, with spacers by A flame with desire, on Flickr

Blown hollow bead, greens and blues by A flame with desire, on Flickr

Marcel

Love the wigwag and beautiful blown beads. ;)
Here is my Ancient Marble :)

Marcel

♥♥Tan♥♥

Ok, after much grunting and squeezing I managed to fit these three into the camera and after much persuading they stood still and upright and showed off their colours as much as they could.

Pointy dragon with a spiral belly

Laughing dragon with a twisty belly

And a nelephant with a corkscrew belly.

Marcel

I just love the Elephant  :)
Last week i went to Germany to a lampwork seminar
and they showed me how to make Goblets this is the
result after a week practicing.

JKC

Haven't made any boro since the guud old days, but as I was putting other photos on today and decided to show my sad old broken efforts that I was pleased with at the time, but as per usual when photographing tend to drop on rocks, fireplace etc. 
In case you can't tell the first is a broken dolphin (snapped in half) and the second a broken gold fumed elephant( lost an ear and his tail), both done vaguely copying the Marshall tutorial, but with the elephant just made one leg  ???

Boro doesn't like me it always smashes when I drop it. :'(

Steampunkglass

QuoteIn case you can't tell the first is a broken dolphin (snapped in half) and the second a broken gold fumed elephant( lost an ear and his tail), both done vaguely copying the Marshall tutorial, but with the elephant just made one leg   

Boro doesn't like me it always smashes when I drop it.
Thats a shame, have you checked with polarising filters that they have annealed properly? If you take a stub of the thickest clear rod you have, check it with filters 'before' then pop it in the kiln to anneal with everything else, then you can check it 'after' to make sure the annealing schedule is working properly

garishglobes

With apologies to anyone who has already seen him, I've been doodling dragon lamps for weeks and getting nowhere near the design I wanted. This guy just suddenly popped up on the page last Sunday, and I am quite pleased with him  :)
He's Silver Flambe with a dusting of Amazon Bronze frit, a very nice dragony combination.

Dragon oil lamp blowing fire by A flame with desire, on Flickr

sparrow

Oh....and I finally managed to frame a feather!

You've Been Framed - Feather by Little Castle Designs, on Flickr
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial