Cattwalk button press vs ss lentil

Started by princess pink, March 11, 2010, 09:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

princess pink

Ok so I've just got my hand on a cattwalk graduated button press which is lovely but a bit tricky to use with the base (I prefer pins) but my beads do come out looking like chunkier straight sided lentils. Is this correct or am I doing something wrong? My next press was gonna be a ss lentil from maria louisa but now I'm thinking I may not need one. Hmm...

Lush!

You been reading my mind, Missus?

I thought about ordering an SS lentil from Maria-Louisa so George lent me her Zoozis large one - and it turns out its virtually identical to my beloved Cattwalk Grad Button.

So now what press should I buy instead ... ? ....

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

sea-thistle

Ilona

I have just sold my SSL from Maria Louisa, it was lovely but had more of a domed belly.

The button was the one I wanted and as a lovely flat belly and I LOVE IT.

princess pink

Quote from: Ilona on March 11, 2010, 10:51:40 PM
I have just sold my SSL from Maria Louisa, it was lovely but had more of a domed belly.

my button press doesn't have a flat belly, its domed. ??? i'm so confused!

princess pink

Quote from: Lush! on March 11, 2010, 09:41:54 PM

if i could my beads would be as pretty as yours!

Ilona

My first few beads were a bit thick and more domed in the button. Now I am getting them flat and so yummy :) :) :) It's just a bit of PPP.

hollergrafik

After a mix up on Cattwalks part I get to choose a free press, I am stumped, I have the ones I want already.

princess pink

Quote from: hollergrafik on March 11, 2010, 11:41:50 PM
After a mix up on Cattwalks part I get to choose a free press, I am stumped, I have the ones I want already.

wow thats exciting! a whole free press??? what about one of the forming trays, like the bicone marver or cross press? or a spiral stamp press? crystal press? starburst press?

or get one that is popualr & sell it?

hollergrafik

I thought of getting one to sell. I received a press from them recently and they put the wrong amount on the customs form, I had to pay loads, they are giving me a press to say sorry, excellent service.

Lush!

Quote from: princess pink on March 11, 2010, 10:56:29 PM
Quote from: Lush! on March 11, 2010, 09:41:54 PM

if i could my beads would be as pretty as yours!

I'd like to read your mind and soak up all those clever doctory-y thoughts  :D

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

princess pink

Quote from: hollergrafik on March 12, 2010, 12:19:51 AM
I thought of getting one to sell. I received a press from them recently and they put the wrong amount on the customs form, I had to pay loads, they are giving me a press to say sorry, excellent service.

wow! thats really nice of them! get one, sell it and use the money for glass or treating yourself to a massage or something! could always ask on here if anyone wants a particular one and you'll order it for them. they get quids in cuz dont have to pay postage from usa or customs x

LittleHen

I've got a lovely cattwalk large marquis press, how about one of those or a shield/triangle shape, it's a bit different and I'd have thought be interesting to play with before/if you sell it. What a lovely problem to have!

Trudi

Quote from: princess pink on March 11, 2010, 10:54:27 PM
Quote from: Ilona on March 11, 2010, 10:51:40 PM

my button press doesn't have a flat belly, its domed. ??? i'm so confused!

Zoozii do a round tab - bit like a SS lentil but flat!
http://www.zooziis.com/tabtrio.aspx