What's your favourite Tutorial?

Started by Lush!, October 25, 2009, 11:35:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lush!

Hi Jenelle!  Lovely to see you here.  ;D

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

Jenelle

Hi Julie! I am having a wonderful time browsing this forum, thanks so much for letting me know about it :)
Did you get a chance to play with the Pandora yet? Hope all is groovy, rainy day here - perfect forum weather, off to browse ♥...

Lush!

Ah, no, I thought I had Pandora left but its actually Jupiter ... might give it a try though!

Jenelle

Oh interested! Is Jupiter a DH color also? Please let me know if it does anything magical- I have been slowly (very slowly) working my way through their glasses. So far have love for kronos, pandora, and electra (tried nyx without luck).

Lush!

No, not DH. I think it may be TAG, not sure!  Its kinda green like Pandora and I think I remember being told its kiln-striking but I've not had any luck with it.  I'll give it a go!

Nikki

Quote from: SallyB on November 01, 2009, 02:19:06 PM
Hi everyone

Nikki - could you let me know please how you get on with this tutorial on your HotHead please.  I've not bought a tutorial yet but saw these beads a couple of weeks ago and read her words on EDP and thought the beads looked amazing.  In her chat she said that she'd managed to get the look of the silver glasses without spending that amount of money.  But she also suggested a way of fuming dark ivory with EDP which I've tried on my HotHead and not managed to do.  I seem to be quite rubbish at doing anything too fancy on my HotHead so am reluctant to shell out on a tutorial that will end up looking like a normal bead when I try it.

Good luck anyway and I hope you manage to make some fab beads with your new tutorial.

Sally
x
Not had much luck with this one!!, probably me not the tut. One thing I wish I had know before I bought it is that you need to be "competent with your lentil press", I'm not so that may be the problem.

Nikki

Hamilton Taylor

Jupiter is by TAG.

"TAG EXP Jupiter. An experimental striking colour, Jupiter needs a lot of heat, and a long cool, before reheating briefly to strike. Overstriking will result in a return to the rod colour, but don't worry, you can go through several cycles before it burns out!"

Sean

Lush!

Thanks for that, Sean, I had forgotten how to work Jupiter. Needless to say, it didn't change colour this time at all!

Hotglass28

I love tutorials and have a few which are bought ones. I really like Frogsong Starburst & nebula, Taking reduction glass by storm and making chaos. My latest purchase was teresas toad bead tut. Cant wait to have the confidence to have a go.

Looking at the ones on etsy, they all look interesting.  Has anyone bought a lesser know bead artists tut and liked it?  There are a few for £5 how are these?

www.facebook.com/pages/The-Owl-Goes-Hoot/567182803365298
www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheOwlGoesHoot?ref=l2-shopheader-name

kizzy1

is there a tutorial on how to make nice silver glass shards? or just how to make shards?...im a newbie :D
the perpous of life is 2 experience your excillence & then go home.