oxycon problems can anyone help!

Started by jammie, May 27, 2012, 10:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jammie

My oxycon is not right, its an airsep newlife. The little black ball is bouncing, its making a louer than usual noise and the flame keeps whooshing up and the candles getting higher and lower. I had the same problem when I first got it when the inside bit that connects to the valve at the front which is sealed had broken and their was air going out. I've had a look at the front hoses incase there is a leak but cant see any, have had a little look inside but not sure what I'm looking for, can anyone help , I have posted a pic of the inside when the inside was broken but this bit is fixed and replaced  now and looks fine and the valve is sealed so I dont understand why its doing the same thing as then.  ???

DSC03878 by jeanie- Ceardannan Jewellery, on Flickr

sarah t

if its not a leek on the way out could it be a problem with the air going in?
i think a few have had oxycon problems with the heat maybe it needs to be moved nearer a source of air?

Shangri-La

Ditto above posts. I moved mine into an area that was a bit more open and I'm no longer filing for divorce.

Redhotsal

It sounds to me that there may be a split/leak in one of the pipes, that is intermittent. ie it sounds as if you are sometimes getting oxygen delivered to the torch and sometimes it's leaking back into the unit. The vibration of the compressor might be causing it to leak/not leak, and if it's louder than normal it might be that the compressor has worked itself loose and is vibrating more than normal?

Might be an idea to open it up and run it again, while it's open. If there's a leak you may be able to hear it and track it down. Can't see anything obvious from the photo. Mind you don't poke around too much or touch anything "live" when its open but I suspect that you'll find a leak - might be a pipe that is hanging on - they seem to split around where they are cable tied onto a solid connector. If you can see a leak you might be able to repair/replace the hose and it should be normal again.

Hope that makes sense?

jammie

It does thanks Sal, I have the manual downloaded so can see how its meant to be, and its the same as it went before with the broken bit.
I will open her up and keep my fingers out.
I dont think its the heat as there's def something wrong with the flow and its in the shady bit of the room, though it did sound louder when it got warm outside but now its struggling.

jammie

No joy,the tubing all looks fine, not brittle or cracked at all, I have washed the filter , the one visible in the pic, its pretty done, so i could do with a new one, does anyone know where I can get one? I dont think it's the problem either though as it is doing the same thing without it in. I phoned airsep and they said they weren't sure at all and would have to look at it, they would service, but that would cost about 140 plus having it sent and brought back by courier as I'm in Scotland plus parts and if it was the compressor say that's another 200 quid.' I'm gutted, I dont think it might be such a big thing but if i cant work out what it is I cant use it and would need to get another.  :'(

♥♥Tan♥♥

Who did you buy it from Jean, maybe they will have parts :-*

jammie

Second hand and Martin doesn't do these ones!

Nick

Try checking all the securing nuts that fasten to the tubing or connect parts that the oxy flows through as they can sometimes work loose. Also if the fans are working?

julieHB

Oh, Jean, I wish I could help, but I don't have a clue!! I know how frustrating it is!!  :-* :-*
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

jammie

The fans seem fine, everything seems tight and fine with the tubes, as far as I can see. We're working through the manual to see if there is anyhting else, I just dont understand what it can be at all.  :( All suggestions very welcome and will be checked out.

Shirley

Might still be worth asking Martin.
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

jammie

I think I will, I've worked out that the circuit board has a sequence of green lights and the point the ball drops down and the torch flares are at the same part of the sequence each time. No further forward but at least its a start.