Murrini Hemostats - anyone know where to get in UK?

Started by SallyB, June 08, 2009, 10:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SallyB

Hello everyone

I am loving my 'Passing the Flame' book and am after some Murrini Hemostats which Corina recommends.  They look like an excellent way for me to get my money's worth out of my glass.

Does anyone know of anywhere in the UK that stocks them?

Thank you
Sally

beadysam

Have a look in the fishing section on ebay, there is usually something similar there. ;)

SallyB

Brilliant thank you Sam - I would never ever have thought to look there.

Sally

Trudi

I just have some tweesers with a bent end - cheap as chips but lord knows where I got them from

Mine are like the bent mini tweesers on this site
http://www.artcoinc.com/tweezers.php

I didn't get them from here - but to give you an idea!

v cool site by the way! One for the book mark!

Dee Dee

When your rod of glass is around 5 inches long, you could just melt the end of that rod and melt the end of a new rod and join them together!  Definitely no waste then!

Just be careful not to hold the rod where the join is until it cools!!  (Done that a few times  :().

Maria Louisa

You get those for free with an order at That Frit Girl.
www.glassbeadsculptress.com
www.glassbeadsculptress.etsy.com
www.beadpress.nl
www.flickr.com/beadpress

Mary

If you're looking on eBay UK, try searching for forceps - haemostat is the American word.

amareargentum

I got mine from Maplins. They have all sorts of useful tweezers and tiny watch making/jewellery type tools. They do mail order from the web if you don't have a store near you. A bit off topic but I have one of their magnifying visors too - absolutely brilliant. I am a bit visually challenged and with this I can work on the tiniest pieces with no problem. There are 4 different lenses and you can double them up to customise further. It even has a little light  ;D

theflyingbedstead

Sally - I have a small pair of hemostats going spare you can have for free - pm me your address if you would like them.
Charlotte x

beadysam

If you know anyone who works at a hospital, you may be able to get `retired' forceps that are no longer in circulation.