Cattwalk press??

Started by Zia, June 10, 2009, 07:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zia

Do I need a base to use Cattwalk presses...just been offered a real bargain on two but dont have the base....:-((
Melting glass again! "happy dance"

Vicki

I would say yes you need one, they do a deal on the site where you get a press & a base for cheaper than they are separately though...I love my cattwalk presses  :)

LesleyMac

A base makes it easier but when I started I coulden't afford one at first so I started off without one.  It can be done you just need to be a little more careful.  So if you desperately want one but can't afford the base I say go for it.  I think I got my first base as a cheapo deal they were doing at some point.
Lesley
Everyone is gifted, its just that some leave the wrapping on longer than others
(Richard Wilkins)

My Etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5469196

Zia

which would you recommend??

I have been offered a tile press and the saturn one...

as for the base I might just find someone locally to make me something similar...as I am buying these off someone (we are having a local fair on saturday....I cant wait!)

LesleyMac

I have a tile press and have no idea about the Saturn one.  The tile press is not easy for a beginner but if you make a tube shape that makes it easier, tiles are nicer beads than the Saturn shape I think, but its all down to personal taste in the end.  You will be able to manage without the base, its just a bit tricky but not impossible.
Lesley
(Richard Wilkins)

LesleyMac

Also wait and see what other people have to say, they might not agree with me. ;D
Lesley
(Richard Wilkins)

Zia

lol!

I find almost everything from making a "normal" bead to....? hard atm...which is why I love it...its so challenging working with glass. I have done other things before but this ...

I think you understand...I dont need to explain. I cannot ever imagine getting bored with it...there is so much to learn and so many goody things to buy...

Hubby wishes I took up scrapbooking :-) prolly easier on the budget!

lampworklover

LOL, I already do scrapbooking, and there's no way it's cheaper than glass ;D :o. Compared with scrapping, my glassy spending has been very restrained (well, as long as you only count the odd package of glass, not the cost of actually starting out with all the kit that is....)

Zia

same old thing....startup lol

and beleive me I have had alot of hobbies before...but not nearly one that has just engulfed me as this one has.....

flaming beads

ha! i used to make cards and sell to shops....that was addictive and expensive. scrapbooking was something i didn't get into but did buy a lot of the stuff as it was great for some of the cards. tough i think at the mo, to compare with glass, as i have nearly as much glassy stuff.....well...actually, maybe that's strictly not true! and and that's without any presses and more of the fancy tools :) i keep looking at the presses but am put off purchasing one yet as i did purchase two heart presses from delphi..i think, anyway...have found them not soo easy to use!?

saffie

I have a catwalk press with no base, Tony has rigged me up 2 blocks of wood so I can line the press up ok!
I love it
Sam xx

Zia

Great idea about the wooden blocks......will have to be real nice to DH now.....grins

xxx
V