Main Menu

Bad Beads...

Started by Sarah999, April 17, 2009, 12:24:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah999

Hi. Just a quickie.

I just made a delicious bead, BUT then I decided to poke holes in it and encase it in clear - which ruined the bead.
So I was wondering is it possible to smash it up and use it as frit? or will it not melt properly?

Also... I have been taking my beads off their mandrels, but was going to send them to someone to anneal them. Should I be leaving them on the mandrels to do?

Thank you

Sarah
xxx

sarah t

better luck next time hun  :(

hollergrafik

If you smash it for frit you will have to get every tiny scrap of bead realease off or it will show in the bead you add the frit to, add it to ya fugly pile, this pile will get BIG believe me LOL. I got some of the beads I made last year out recently and laughed my arms off.

Sarah999

Hmmm I was wondering about this.
Good point. The colours are just so delish though. I might have to make some frit with these colours anyway.

xxx

Lush!

Quote from: hollergrafik on April 17, 2009, 12:31:49 AM
laughed my arms off.

:o :o

That could make lampworking rather difficult ...

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

princess pink

oh dear...another one for the fugly pile me thinks! lol!

no take em off the mandrels to post for annealing but don't clean em til after x

Sarah999

I have cleaned some of them. But not very well.
Should I try and re bead relese them?
:S

xxx

Steampunkglass

I wouldn't personally, they should be ok as they are, I've batch annealed with and without bead release. I used to end up cracking or chipping them by cleaning them before I annealed them