What I am doing wrong to reichenbach ocean

Started by dollie-mixture, March 03, 2009, 05:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dollie-mixture

hi
Got some ocean yesterday, really excited it looked lovely on Martin's website.

Except not when i used it, it ended up looking like clear glass with blue streaks in it, overall effect merging into one.  Not a good look.

Any ideas what to do with it.  I've read the previous threads. ?Encasing it, it this before or after?  What sort of flame does it like? I used what I'd call a normal flame- propane and oxygen balanced, with little candels?

I'd be grateful, of any ideas, otherwise its destinated for a life in my glass drawer.

Heather  :(

greenbeadenvy

For the paddle that is on Tuffnells site the glass was just aloud to fold over on itself several times and then squished. I this bead with it using Porcelain as a base and then encasing the base bead with the ocean....again first letting it fold over on itself a few times before using it to encase a little bit of the bead at a time.

Hope this makes sense.
Emma xx

Lloki

Cerri

dollie-mixture

Thanks Emma,

Will give it a go again using ivory or white as base,
not sure what you mean by folding over ?keep wrapping around bead? sorry, I'm a little bit thick, well alot when it comes to lampworking

Sarah

That's a beautiful bead Emma  ;D

I'm very tempted by Ocean

Sarah
xxx

theflyingbedstead

That's a gorgeous bead Emma! 

I have had a play with Ocean encased with Lauscha clear and the beads have now been annealed...one cracked bead (my favourite) so far - I am hesitating to clean the others!!
Charlotte x

TiaraHelen

I've played with ocean a bit, with mixed results.  I got some green out of it once (wish I knew how!!!!), making a fish.  Where I pulled out the tail fin and it had collapsed again, it had sort of emerald green patches.  On other occasions it's ended up sort of scummy a few times and a bit grey when encased.  But it's got a lovely sparkle and I like the streaks - I thought it was supposed to look like that!
I like your bead emma.
Helen x

Even after all this time, the sun never says to the earth "you owe me".

LittleMoo

Quote from: dollie-mixture on March 03, 2009, 07:12:53 PM
Thanks Emma,

Will give it a go again using ivory or white as base,
not sure what you mean by folding over ?keep wrapping around bead? sorry, I'm a little bit thick, well alot when it comes to lampworking

If you imagine having 2 different colours of plasticine that you want to mix together, you'd 'fold' them together - a bit like you'd 'fold' mixtures in cooking. You'd do the same to this, just with itself, not another colour. So, heat it up and use tools or just a marver to squidge it about till it's mixed into itself a bit, then use it to encase a pale bead.

dollie-mixture

Thanks LittleMoo,
I'll give that a try at the weekrnd
Heather