Orange, Yellow and Red Transparent 104 Glass

Started by Charli, January 24, 2009, 07:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charli

Do you have a favourite red, orange or yellow transparent that isn't striking?

I don't get on well with effetre striking red or orange, anything I do with it I burn the colours out.

I've tried CIM sangre (which is a colour I really don't like, I always get streaky blobs in it from the core of the rod) and clockwork but they're just not quite transparent enough!

sparrow

There is a very straightforward Effetre Yellow TRansparent.....?
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

Hels4444

I was gonna say cim clockwork but its not quite transparant, I really like light amber transparant effetre on white??

Hels

Carol

Lauscha strawberry is a lovely red colour that isn't striking, but it will burn out if you're not careful. Keep it high up in the flame & it's fine  :)
Carol

Carol

Just remembered I have orange & yellow lauscha too, but it's not totally clear, I'd say more like translucent. Same applies, keep high in the flame ;)
Carol

Charli

Carol

I got mine ages ago from Quinton at Glassworks. I checked his website but he doesn't appear to have any of those colours at the moment but why don't you pm him & ask if he'll be getting those colours back in? Also check with Christina at Fritenglas - I think she maybe stocks Lauscha  ;)
Carol

Steampunkglass

Clockwork can be a bit funny, you can sometimes heat it and it will start going clear, then strike it again and goes to a solid colour again. I did that recently and ended up with a tone tone effect- which was a pain as I wanted it completely solid colour